Thursday, December 9, 2010

Fluid Pills and Oreos

I have now officially completed Week One Day Two of Couch to 5K. It was easier than Day One, so maybe that means I can actually build up to running a 5K without dying first.

In other news, I am now the proud owner of a 6 month prescription of fluid pills. I saw my doc for my blood pressure and she said that is usually the first step in treating hypertension, which, of course, had me googling "How does a water pill work?" within in the hour. For those of your who might be curious, diuretics lower your blood pressure by getting rid of excess salt and water in the body. Cool. Now I pee all day, but my blood pressure is getting better. Also, I have lost 4 pounds since starting them.

Even though I am exercising, my diet still has plenty of room for improvement. I don't know if it's the PMS or what, but last night I would have given my right arm for a package of Oreos. Oh well -  you can't win em all.

No comments:

Post a Comment